By: Bernadette Cabe
Children lined up to offer flowers to our Lady of Good Counsel statue in honor of her feast day on April 26th. Our parish celebrated her feast day on April 27th with food provided by various ministries, music, lion dance and fellowship.
In 1467 in a little town of Genazzano, near Rome, pilgrims celebrating the feast of St. Mark noticed a mysterious mist of cloud descending on the wall of an unfinished church dedicated to Our Lady of Good Counsel. When the cloud dissipated, a painting of our Lady holding her son appeared. The picture which is painted on a piece of thin plaster is suspended in air. Since then, many miracles of healing and answered petitions have been attributed through the intercession of Our Lady of Good Counsel.